Martinizing has more than 60 years of innovation & leadership experience within the dry cleaning industry. Our system was developed in 1949 when Henry Martin recognized that it was feasible for smaller, full service dry cleaning plants to provide quick service cost effectively. That began Martinizing, the pioneer of on-premise; quick dry cleaning service, and more than a 60 year history of the Martinizing System. Here is a little bit more about Martinizing:
- Currently a privately held dry cleaning company.
- Rated the #1 upscale dry cleaning franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine year after year.
- The targeted dry cleaning customer is white collar, between the ages of 25 and 59, with a median household income of more than $60,000.
- Currently, 160 dry cleaning franchisees operate more than 456 stores in the United States and 6 foreign countries and U.S. Territories.
Owning a Martinizing Dry Cleaning Franchise combines your entrepreneurial dream with the resources, experience, and knowledge of a major player in the industry. With Martinizing, you are teaming up with a veteran – an experienced franchisor with a strong history of franchise development and support. You don’t have to re-invent the wheel. We provide a time-tested business model, as well as training, manuals, and operating procedures.
We use the latest, cutting-edge marketing programs that quickly ramp up your sales and have the support of the very best real estate team using Neilsen-Claritas demographics and location process to find the best available site for your store. Being a part of our franchise, your fellow dry cleaning franchisees support you and your business by providing advice, new ideas, and a true feeling of camaraderie. Second and third generations continuously choose the dry cleaning business simply because it provides them with a wonderful lifestyle, excellent income, and long-term equity in a very stable business.
Is a Martinizing Dry Cleaning Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Our ideal candidate will not be looking for a job as a dry cleaner, but a long-term business opportunity and typically, multi-unit ownership. Here are attributes of our highest performing dry cleaner franchisees:
- Recognize that our business is marketing, not one of removing spots and wrinkles
- Passionate about customer service, customer retention, and employee satisfaction
- Value teamwork and exhibit great people skills
- High energy and highly motivated
- Sales and marketing oriented
- Proven management skills
- Follow our system and add embellishments
Day In The Life Of a Franchisee:
How does a Martinizing Dry Cleaning franchisee work on the business, not in the business?
- Develop and execute marketing plan
- Hire, train, and develop managers and staff
- Inspect store(s) to insure quality performance
- Actively participate in expanding new units in exclusive territory
- Actively participate in franchisee cost groups and conferences in learning “best practices”
"Definitely recommend Martinizing for someone looking to get into business for themselves. They provide good support, and they really are going to help you with being more successful in your business career."
- Craig Hons, Franchisee
"We opened our business in 2005, and, since then, we have opened four stores. And what I have really enjoyed about it is its been fun to nurture and grow a new business first of all. Martinizing gave us the training and the tools to get that started and now we're pretty much running a pretty high volume sales business."
- Randy Lambeth, Franchisee
Return to List of Franchises